Over the years, a number of corporations have build complete training programs around our exercise. Some were simple one-day programs and some were multi-day in nature. Others were much longer in nature. Users included companies like Applebees, IBM, EDS, Hongkong Bank and all of them provided us with outstanding general feedback about the effectiveness of this approach.
In general, the programs began with Lost Dutchman's Gold Mine as a fun way for people to get to know each other as well as a way to generate some behavior that involved teamwork, planning, goal setting, communications, and collaboration among other factors.
Recently, we had the opportunity to work with a consultant, Rogene Baxter, to build the exercise directly into an 8-day leadership development program that she was developing for a global client. This is unique for a number of reasons:
- She is using the exercise as the anchor point for a variety of key learning points
- She is working with the Hong Kong based global corporation and connecting the exercise to a variety of global learning cultures
- She is able and willing to share the specific design features with me (and with us!)
- She is open to collaboration with other clients (and maybe a consultant or two) to develop similar packages
- I was able to provide her with a "custom turnkey package" of Dutchman materials and accessories
- This was a collaborative venture and a collaborative association between our two companies since we started working together more than a few years ago
- This is something we can "package" for other users in a collaborative marketing initiative (and why we wrote it up here!)
If you want to develop a similar package with me or with Rogene, please connect with us. There is a global marketplace for high-impact products and collaboration is one of the long-term keys to success
Click here to download a file about Rogene's Package.
Click here to contact Rogene Baxter by email
back to Lost Dutchman Home Page